Monday, April 27, 2009

Step 1

I shipped out three boxes full of stuff today and it was much cheaper than I expected. I was afraid I would have to pay ~$100 to ship the three boxes but it ended up only being just over $60. They said they could ship luggage so tomorrow I am shipping out everything except for a sheet, toiletries, and clothes for the next couple of days. I am still debating whether or not to keep a pillow. I could ball up my jacket and use that.. but do I really want to do that for two nights? I am going to try to get one of my bags on as a carry on so that I will only have that and my laptop case to deal with. This would also make the first time I've ever flown and not checked a bag.

After shipping my stuff off, I decided I should take advantage of the day and go over to Forest Park to listen to music and read. I walked around forever to find a grassy spot, somewhat situated away from others, where I could relax. All I found were rocks, mud, and broken glass. Finally I ventured over to where the playing fields were and got a spot on a hill. It was between handball courts and a multipurpose field and there were people everywhere. I still had a nice afternoon reading Magical Thinking and listening to Billy Joel. Afterwards I swung by Trader Joe's to pick up ingredients for guacamole which I promptly devoured. I am going to miss Trader Joe's so much. I plan on stocking up at the one in Chapel Hill before I leave.

Still haven't found anyone to sublet my room. Looks like my $350 deposit is gone.

No comments: