Monday, February 23, 2009

Awkward: socially uncomfortable; unsure and constrained in manner

So finally, at 5:35 after a day of laying in bed while hunting for jobs, catching up on episodes of my favorite shows, and being lazy (aside from breakfast with Jen and P.R.Sans. with Kristen), I finally got up to take a shower. After about a minute and a half of enjoying the calm, relaxing feeling of a shower, I hear a knock at the door. I don't think much of it, thinking it is maybe Kelley coming up to hang out with Anne or something. Then I hear another knock.. and another. I figure Anne must have left or is maybe asleep and doesn't hear it but do not think much of it because Kelley would come back later or give Anne a call. Then it hits me, Anne had sent me the following email early this morning:

Anne C. to me 7:59 AM

Crap, I forgot to tell you last night. Utty called and he's having someone look at the apartment this afternoon at 5:00.


At this point, do I get out of the shower, quickly dry off, and try to catch them before they leave? Do I wait until they let themselves in to find me in the shower and Anne asleep in her room? Do I jump out of the shower, dry off, and try to be somewhat presentable by the time the real estate person lets themselves in to show the apartment? Or do I continue my shower and hope they are gone by the time I am finished? I chose the last option. Luckily, they were on their way out the door by the time I finished up in the shower. Made for quite the awkward moment though, I didn't exactly want to be parading around the apartment with only a towel wrapped around my waist while my apartment is being shown to a potential renter/buyer.

No comments: