Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used." -William Shakespear

Today was the beginning of my last week at work at Salty Dog. I took 100000 pictures of the beautiful marina I have been fortunate enough to be able to call my workplace for the past year and a few of my feathered colleagues that have provided me with hours of entertainment, frustration, and enjoyment.


The marina and Braddock's Cove


In order: Ernest, Roscoe, Captain, Cherokee and Kiwi

After work I came home to the wonderful news that our sink and garbage disposal is fixed! The plumber recommended that we not put food down the garbage disposal anymore.. but that it does work. I question his craftsmanship for this reason, but I will be in my apartment less than a week at this point so I don't really care... just as long as we get our deposit back.

After a brief period of relaxation.. and be relaxation I mean searching the stupid Internet for jobs.. I went to dinner at Wiseguys with Maggie and Lindsey S. Wiseguys is a trendy wine bar/tapas restaurant Maggie's husband, Chris, manages on the North End. Delicious food, delicious wine, can't beat it! We had tempura fried asparagus with a creamy cheese sauce and baked goat cheese to start with followed by "Lamb Lollipops" over goat cheese mashed potatoes. Of course all of this was accompanied by a couple glasses of Malbec wine.

I have never had a Malbec up until this past weekend when Jen introduced it to me. As of right now, it is rapidly approaching Cabernet Sauvignon on my list of favorite wines. WineWeekly.com describes it as, "most Malbec wines share these characteristics: ripe black fruits, such as plum and blackberry; peppery notes; earthy; firm tannins; ample acidity; conducive to oak aging. In other words, a flavor profile that may be somewhere between California Cabernet Sauvignon and California Merlot." I highly recommend picking up a bottle and giving it a whirl if you like reds.

I also talked to Heather tonight and there is a chance I will get to see her next week during the couple of days I am in NC! I need to get in touch with the rest of the Chapel Hill crowd and see what they have going on. For now, I am going to catch up on some tv and get some sleep!

1 comment:

Jen said...

See I told you...Malbec best wine ever...also I am so jealous you went back to Wiseguys. I told Josh about it and we are seriously considering a trip to Hilton Head just for Wiseguys. Best ever.