Thursday, February 26, 2009

The First of the Lasts

Today was my last shift at the upstairs T-shirt shop. This is where I worked when I first started at Salty Dog a year ago.

Some of the things I will miss about the T-shirt shop: The view of the marina from the back sliding glass door, Ernest going nuts and being talkative (sometimes), customers not being able to operate the sliding glass door, and the numerous stupid questions/comments involving the tides (i.e.: [at low tide] It looks like you guys are having water shortages too).

Some of the things I will not miss about the t-shirt shop: People wondering where the noise of the birds is coming from, wondering if the birds [in cages] are real, Roscoe's infamous honking noise, and the boredom during the off season.

I also had the pleasure of cleaning bird shit off like five shirts. That was awesome.

After work I swung by Kenny B's for some delicious Shrimp and Grits with Fried Green Tomatoes to go. While waiting on my food, I got to see the owner's huge English Bulldog. They are HUGE Georgia Bulldogs fans. The entire restaurant is filled with University of Georgia paraphernalia. The dog's name is Bubba Dooley. He was sporting his very own BUBBA DOOLEY UGA jersey. I'm not so sure about having a dog on the floor ten feet or so from where my food is being prepared, but what the hell, it was delicious as always.


This is my last night with nothing (aside from packing) to do before I move. I am pretty exhausted.. I don't really feel like packing but I do not have much time left with a busy schedule from tomorrow until I move.

No comments: