Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Biggest Crackhead in Rego Park

So I walked out of the drug store carrying five bottles of wine and sleeping pills. What do you think onlookers thought. They thought I was going home to end my life. I can assure you, that is not the case. Let me start at the beginning.

After not falling asleep until around 7:30 this morning, I decided something must be done to stop this. I woke up around 1:00 this afternoon, ate some lunch, took a shower, then headed down to South Ferry to take the Staten Island Ferry across the New York Harbor. It was cold and raining, but kind of cool. I would hate to have to take as my primary mode of transportation to and from work every day. It was fun! I want to do it again on a nice day so I can get some better pictures. You can see downtown Manhattan (of course), Jersey City, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn, and Staten Island. The best part is that it is free!

Afterwards, I took the subway to Union Square and walked around trying to find the Trader Joe's Wine Store... and I found it! Good selection at EXCELLENT prices! I purchased 5 bottles for $22. It was great! I got a reusable, 6-bottle bag to carry it in for $0.58 which was totally worth it on the subway. It was super heavy considering I had to hold it most of the way home thanks to rush hour commuters, something I didn't think about prior to my purchase.

When I made it back to Rego Park I ran into the drug store in search of sleeping pills. I HAVE to get back on a somewhat regular sleep schedule! I am going nuts! Apparently I am not the only one who has trouble sleeping, there were so many kinds. I got Simply Sleep from the makers of Tylenol PM... it seemed legitimate enough. After requesting no bag at the cash register, I walked out with my sleeping pills in one hand and bag of 5 bottles of wine in the other and realized how suicidal I must have looked. Oh well... it will give anyone who may have noticed something to think about.

No comments: