Saturday, April 04, 2009

I Love Friday Nights Out!

Completely unrelated to the title of this post: When passing through the Main Concourse in Grand Central, who doesnt hope for an Improv Everywhere type event to go down, or something like in the T-Mobile commercial.



I met up with Lana and had dinner at this AWESOME Cuban restaurant in Harlem. She had Salmon and I had Steak. Both entrees came with delicious rice and black beans. We also each had a glass of sangria and split an order of fried yuca. It was so damn good. All of it! The prices were reasonable and it had a nice, intimate atmosphere. The negative thing I have to say about the place was the live music. Don't get me wrong, they were really good, but it was so loud we couldn't even really have a conversation without yelling across the table. Most everyone else got into it with clapping along with the beat, etc, etc. I guess we're just old (even if we were the youngest people there, haha). I will go back for sure... I will just make sure to go before the live music starts.

After dinner we met up with Claire and John at this country bar in Harlem called The Duck. It was a cool place. Laid back, good jukebox, nice bartenders, and cheap!! It was kind of weird that there was a country bar in Harlem, but eh, whatever. John left, but we continued to hang out for a while. After that Lana went to Duffs and Brooklyn while Claire and I continued bar hopping. We started in the West Village and worked our way over to Union Square stopping at two or three bars along the way. We ended up at this dive bar a block or so from Union Square Park that was edgy and cool. They played really good music too! A lot of the songs were featured on our various playlists at Salty Dog.

We caught the 6 train uptown and split ways at 59th Street. I ended up hailing a cab to get home because it was so late, I was tired, and by taking the train it would be atleast 45 minutes before I got home including the mile walk from the station to my apartment.

Today my legs, shins, and feet are killing me from all the walking I've been doing the past couple of days. I also ran two miles yesterday! All of my walking has really helped my running. A combination of that just being generally more healthy since moving here (with the exception of my weeks of PB&J sandwich and Top Ramen and boozefest weekends). I am getting so much more exercise living here and I am eating much healthier. Neither are intentional, it just happens. I feel good. My body feels good.

No comments: