Monday, April 20, 2009

Not Driving: Huge Inconvenience!

After getting out of bed at the wonderful hour that is 3 pm, I made my way to Trader Joe's to buy some groceries since I was running too low to make anything worth eating for lunch. I love that place. I do not love the mile walk there in 45 degree weather and rain. I made my way back and ate the teriyaki chicken sushi thing I bought and some baked snap pea crisps (the most delicious snack ever). Feeling somewhat motivated, pushed by the guilt of doing nothing of significance for two days, I decided I should go to Staples and buy some boxes, Sharpies, and packing tape so I can hopefully get some stuff shipped home tomorrow. It was a pain in the ass. When I left it was pouring down rain. I walked the mile back to Staples, which is right beside Trader Joe's, but there was no way I was going to be able to manage carrying groceries and boxes home. There I was faced with decision making, something that plagues my life on a daily basis. How are you supposed to pick a box size when they're collapsed and you can't look at a pile of stuff to see how much space you need. I decided on a three-pack of medium sized boxes out of the 5 or so different medium sized boxes they have available. I still need several larger boxes to ship luggage in. That will be a pain in the ass. When I take my stuff to have it shipped, I may ask them what they would recommend. Staples will ship your stuff at low rates apparently. This would all be so much easier if I had transportation to and from these places other than my own two feet.

No comments: