Friday, April 03, 2009

TGIF!

My interview with Hollister went really well! Looking back there were no questions I wish I had answered differently, only a couple of questions I wish I had of asked at the end. It was basically a screening interview for the candidates but I think I definitely made it through Round One! Everyone was super nice and I felt it was pretty laid back.

I left their office at like 1:48 and had to be in Times Square before 2:00. Its amazing how hard it is to hail a cab on a Friday afternoon when it is pouring down rain. Finally one stopped and I jumped in. I had just enough time to change out of my flipflops and into actual shoes before we arrived at Planet Hollywood.

Planet Hollywood was a bust. There were like 30 people there, they brought us all into an upper level dining area and collected our resumes. It was awkward at first being at a table with like 4 strangers but I broke the ice and initiated some small talk. Finally the guy came back and was like, if I call your name, you are free to leave. My name was like fifth to be called. It was the biggest waste of time ever between the two hours yesterday and the hour today. Oh well, worth a shot I suppose.

Something I forgot to mention yesterday. If you ever find yourself dying of thirst in Grand Central, go down to the dining concourse, NOT the corridor news stand! I got a Vitamin Water, regular size, and it was over $3! I took the 5 train down to Union Square and as I emerged from the underground, I immediately came upon a Vitamin Water promo event where they were handing out bottles for free. Go figure.

No comments: