Tuesday, April 07, 2009

UNC: 2009 National Champions!!!

WOOHOO!! THEY WON!!

Kat got us into Brother' Jimmy's: Midtown, the official UNC bar in NYC! It was so much fun! So many UNC fans! Lots of cheers! Hung out with Kat's friends from high school, the same ones that were out Saturday night for the Final Four game.


Yes... that IS an actual He's Not Blue Cup! IN MANHATTAN! The waitress said they had a blue cup special for $7. We were all thinking, "Well, ok... it won't be anything like a real Blue Cup... but it will do." Then we see someone carrying one. A REAL BLUE CUP! IT WAS AMAZING! I immediately snapped the picture above with my camera phone and sent it to anyone who I thought would appreciate it and know what it is. (This is why I didn't send it to you, Jen) At the end of the game, they played the Tarheel fight song, Hark! The Sound of Tarheel Voices, Carolina Girls, and Sweet Caroline. It was so fun! Everyone was so pumped!

After leaving Brother Jimmy's, I went down to Chelsea to this bar I had been to before just to see what was going on. Turns out not a lot on a Monday night. I got on the Subway and headed home. After a few stops I was so tired and hungry I thought there was no way I could last the hour it would take me to get the remainder of the way home so I exited the Subway, grabbed a slice of pizza, and hailed a cab. I was home in no time. Unfortunately, I left my Blue Cup in the cab! I had been doing sooo good with keeping up with it throughout the night and I lose it in the stupid cab! Oh well.

I just got word that I did not get the Hollister job. They sent the following generic email.

Hi Clinton~

Thank you for your interest in Abercrombie & Fitch. It is always great to meet such an enthusiastic candidate who shares our excitement for the A&F brand. We are always faced with the difficult challenge of selecting from such a great group of applicants. At this time, we have decided to pursue other candidates. We wish you the best of luck in the future and appreciate your continued support of the brand.

Thank you.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what we call horse shit. Now I will definitely be returning the shirt I bought for the interview and will not feel the least bit bad about it. Not only that, but I will never again purchase anything their brand produces. Eat that "continued support of the brand". Bitches. I digress.

I still have other leads and this is hopefully just the first of many interviews to come. I'm going to a thing Friday morning for positions at the Empire State Building. Atleast that has something to do with Tourism... maybe I will have a better chance. I have a feeling it is for shitty jobs though. The post was not very descriptive and just said to RSVP, which I did.

Oh, I also had my assessment test today for one of the staffing firms I had applied to work with. It was horrible. Really, really horrible. It is difficult and pointless to explain, but it made absolutely no sense and had nothing to do with any kind of administrative assistant work. No Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet... just confusing, difficult problems. Needless to say, I failed miserably.

No comments: