Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Field Trip!

Yay! I'm going to DC next week! Here I am without a job and going on a trip? Yep! I'm going to take the Chinatown bus from Manhattan to DC.. it is super cheap (<$20 each way) even if it does take forever and a day to get there. Megan and her sister are going to be in DC visiting Cory and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see everyone. One big complaint I had about working so much was never having the time to see old friends, and well, now I have all the time in the world. It will be a cheap trip and aside from transportation cost, I won't be spending anymore money there than I would be here. I just won't go out in NYC that weekend and limit what I spend prior to then. Even if it does set me back a little dough, I figure the least that will happen is that I may have to leave NYC a little earlier than I would have to if I don't get a job. If it comes down to the point where I have to leave, I would regret not doing this... so I'm going to do it!

Megan has always been a really good friend and I miss her. I haven't seen Megan or Cory since my graduation weekend in December 2007. Megan has been living in Louisiana and who knows when I will have the chance to see her again, especially with her pending plans. The Chinatown bus is going to suck, I accept that fact. I like to think that it will be an adventure... of course, that is what I said about taking Amtrak to NYC and we all saw how that went down. That god awful experience is exactly why I am not taking Amtrak to DC, plus the Chinatown bus is cheaper. Woohoo!

EDIT: I just realized that taking the Chinatown bus to and from DC is cheaper than the stupid Abercrombie shirt I bought to wear to my interview with Hollister. I really hate that company. That shirt is going back TOMORROW so that kind of makes my Chinatown bus tickets free!

No comments: