Sunday, March 22, 2009

Boonies Reunited!

Yesterday I went on a shopping trip so I could finally make some real food! I made chicken burritos and they turned out pretty good. They would have been a lot better if I had the seasoning to make magic burritos that I unfortunately left at my parent's house. I also made guacamole from scratch for the first time and it turned out pretty darn good. On my trip to the grocery store I came upon this...


It is hard to see because I was trying to be sealthy with my camera phone, but the stick on letters on the bumper say Dog Training. I feel pretty confident that he has no formal education in the field. Perhaps he should step up his marketing a little.

I also saw an unattended brush fire in someones front yard. It was raised and I had to move over on the sidewalk to keep from catching on fire myself.

Last night I met up with a couple old friends from Boone, Adrienne and Trevor. They moved up here a couple of years ago and to be honest, we haven't really talked since. They're super nice and fun people. Lana and John were also there, as well as one of Adrienne's friends whose name escapes me. It was crazy that all of us, except Adrienne's friend, had lived in Boone at the same time and used to hang out. We started at Crime Scene Bar, which was way expensive and we had to be on this make believe list to get in. We said we were there for the birthday party, flashed our ID's, and we were in. I think this "list" was bull shit. Luckily, everyone else hated it to so we left and went down to this place called The Pinch down towards Greenwich Village. We had a couple beers but Adrienne was tired and not really wanting to really throw down. I was relieved because a) I didn't want to spend too much money and b) I was tired. It turns out Adrienne and Trevor live one block from the Steinway Station which is on my line! We were able to catch a train together towards our respective destinations and parted ways at their stop. The mile walk home from the subway is definitely beginning to suck... really, really bad. Just when you are relieved to be home and step off the train, you remember you still have about 15 minutes to go.

No comments: