Monday, March 02, 2009

Exhausted!

I think today falls somewhere near the top of the list when recounting Chip's Most Productive Days on Hilton Head Island. I got all of the paperwork filled out for my storage unit with the help of a kind lady named, Theresa at Public Storage. I also went by Piggly Wiggly to get laundry detergent (deciding packing a mountain of dirty clothes wasn't such a great idea after all) and shirts for Lana and Claire. I also ran a few other errands (Walmart, Bank, etc.), not even stopping for lunch... unless you count my white chocolate mocha from Starbucks as a meal. I was also going to swing by the Coinstar at Food Lion and finally cash in my $360+ in change I have saved over the past year and two months, but realized they charge 8%. Not a big deal when you're cashing in $10 here and $15 there, but when you have well over $300 in change, you're paying almost $30! I found that to be absurd and decided against it. I got some change rollers from the bank and decided to take on the task myself. After not much time, I decided it would take me a good 87 hours to roll it all and I have a lot of shit going on. I will probably go to Coinstar tomorrow and fork over the $28.50 or whatever it was I calculated. Instead of rolling change, I opted to take a load of stuff to my new storage unit to at least have a little bit of it out of the way. Here is what I have so far:

It doesn't look like much, but my little Sentra can only hold so much. If nothing else, that is 6 boxes and my office chair out of the way.

Maggie swung by my apartment after she got off work to get my key to Salty Dog and to say, "Goodbye". It was really sad and it honestly took a lot not to shed a tear, especially seeing the tears welling up in her eyes. I hate goodbyes!

My friend, Adam, told me soon after I met him that one of the worst things about living here was that there was always too many Goodbyes. I have seen friends come and leave in just a year, and it has been sad every time one of them has left. Now that I am the one leaving, saying, "Goodbye" to so many people downright sucks! I feel like when I left Boone I was one of the last to leave from the group of friends I spent most of my time with. I also felt like it was past time for me to leave that small, mountain, college town. With Hilton Head, I feel like I could have decided to stay throughout another season. Sometimes I wish I had of chosen to do so. I guess when you are chasing a dream, the timing for your emotions isn't always perfect.

For now, I am going to take a nice, hot shower and wash off the nasty chlorine from the indoor pool and jacuzzi at Hilton Head Resort and start last night's two hour episode of Brothers and Sisters until I fall asleep.

No comments: