Sunday, March 08, 2009

First Night Out in NYC!

After dinner, which was delicious, Lana, Claire, John, and myself headed down this Irish Pub, O'Flannigans down in the mid-60's. It was fun, I had forgotten how much drinks are in the city ($8 pint of Blue Moon) and then headed to Brooklyn to Lana's favorite bar, Duffs. I was nervous seeing as how it is a metal bar and I was wearing jeans and a light blue button up... clearly out of place... but it was fun and people were nice! I was exhausted from my day and decided to head on back to their apartment, so after swinging by some random street eatery and ordering the "Beefsteak" (it was the only thing on the menu in English that I could figure out what it was composed of) and hailing my first cab all by myself, I was on my way back to Spaha. After tomorrow I have to go back to my strict budget seeing as how I still don't even have a job lead. I know this is the city that never sleeps... but it is 3:30 am and I am now going to sleep! Goodnight New York!

No comments: