Friday, March 27, 2009

It's A Small World Afterall...

Clearly the lyricist of that song must have lived in New York. Last night I ran into a good friend of mine's ex-boyfriend at a bar in Greenwich Village. We struck up conversation somehow and he said he was from Richmond but lived in Philadelphia now. After he said his name, I texted my friend and sure enough, it was exactly who I thought it was. Unfortunately, I couldn't find him again to inform him of that random connection.

I checked out a few other bars yesterday evening as well that friends had told me about lately. The magical thing about Happy Hour is that you can preview the bars you may want to go to at night without trekking all over town in a drunken stupor AND you can pretend you're able to afford going out drinking in Manhattan when you're unemployed. Its a beautiful thing.

As far as the job hunt goes, yesterday brought about a tiny glimpse of hope! I heard back from two places! One job was an administrative assistant position that pays really well and is only Monday - Thursday! The other is a manager in training position through Hollister (if anyone has any connections with them, put in a good word!). For the Admin. Asst. job they want me to take some kind of assessment test so I submitted a request to take it and they are to respond with the details. Keep your fingers crossed!

For some reason I am awake. I don't know why. I was asleep in bed by 1 am, which is kind of early, but at 6:15 I woke up and was wide awake. Lately I have been sleeping until 12 or 1 in the afternoon so I do not know what all of this early morning business is about. I can't figure out if I am supposed to stay awake or try to go back to sleep. Now that I have been awake for over an hour I feel that maybe I should just stay awake and maybe take an afternoon nap or something later. My sleep schedule is all messed up. Actually, my schedule for everything is all messed up. Just another reason I am going to go crazy without a job. I like to have some stability in my life as far as knowing that I need to be somewhere on a semi-regular basis during a certain time frame. This sounds strange, but you go a month without a job and tell me you can't relate. It is weird!

1 comment:

KJS said...

http://becoming-a-new-yorker.blogspot.com/2007/12/things-i-love-thursdays-its-small-world.html

;)