Monday, March 23, 2009

Tennis: Getting Back in the Game

After a day of searching for jobs, once again. I finally decided to take on another task, that of finding a tennis league to join. With a Google search, a few clicks of the mouse, and a $25 fee I was registered to my new found tennis group. I decided to join a local one and not USTA since I still hold a grudge against them from my experience in Hilton Head at Chaplin Park. This will give me the opportunity to get outside, back into the sport, and get some exercise. It will also give me a chance to meet people with a common interest and maybe do a little networking. It is kind of awkward because you arrange to hit with people via online message boards or you can email people of your skill level in your area. I don't know how often members who already have partners and friends check the message boards though. They also arrange events and tournaments in New York City which may be how I have to go about seeking people to play with. Hopefully something will come of it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Get some exercise...really how much do you need, dont you walk like 10 miles a day...where is the old chip ;)

side note: i am glad you will soon find your tennis partner