Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bottom of the Barrel

I hit an all time low going to the Queens Center Mall and went in several different retail stores looking for a job. Out of the five or so stores I felt I could work in and MAYBE enjoy, only one actually took my application and even they said they were just accepting applications. Gap said they would be hiring in April and to fill out an application online. I really do not want to get into corporate retail, or retail at all for that matter but that is where my experience lies. Unfortunately, if I were to get an offer from a retailer, it would most likely be as a sales associate and I am better than that. I can do better and I've worked to hard in the past to just be a sales associate.

After wasting hours of my life at the mall, I headed down the street to Target: Home of the shopping cart escalator I have raved so much about. Once I got there I completely blanked on what it was I needed to buy. I got a text from Lana saying to come hang out and it wasn't until I was in line at Starbucks ordering my White Chocolate Mocha that I remembered it was envelopes and super glue I needed to buy. Oh well, I will save it for tomorrow.

I hung out with Lana and Otis at her apartment in SpaHa and watched Milk, since she had never seen it. She really, really liked it too. See, it is not just me!

Tomorrow will be a better day, a hopeful day.

No comments: