Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting Over It

I miss Hilton Head and my friends there a lot! I miss my friends in NC a lot too but I am used to being away from them. I think getting over a place you love and friends you love is a lot like getting over someone after a relationship. While I am in NYC and I have a lot to distract me, there are still a lot of things that make me miss what I had. Just like a relationship. I have always heard that the city can be a very lonely place and it is. Even though I live with a friend and have friends in the city, I do not have the bond I had with the people in Hilton Head. I shared a similar bond with my NC friends in different parts of my life, but like I said, HHI is what I am used to and this is a huge change.

Sean and I went on an exploration of Queens today. We went to Astoria, Little Egypt, and Sunnyside. The platform for the 7 train in Sunnyside had a magnificent view of Manhattan. I can't wait to have the funds to move there. That is where the action is and it is convenient to everything NYC has to offer. I have applied to countless jobs and have posted my resume to many staffing agencies, it is discouraging to not have any solid leads yet.

I am still optimistic that I will find something. I guess you could say I am a victim of the times given the current economic state of our country. I am impatient and tired of waiting. Hopefully things will take a turn for the better soon.

No comments: