Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thank You, Government!

Today, I took off into the city to buy some new threads. I went to H&M aiming specifically for some more pants to increase the time between trips to the laundry mat. I walked out with a pair of jeans and a shirt.


I saw these unique kicks and thought to myself, "These are the brightest, most shiny shoes I have ever seen. Who would buy these?!" Less than five minutes later I walked past a gentleman waiting in line to make a purchase with these shoes in hand. I knew then and there I had to go back and take a picture. I cant help but ask myself how I made it through the majority of my life without owning/taking full advantage of a camera phone?!

It was such a nice day in New York! The sky was blue and it was a little warmer than it has been lately. I thought about taking a stroll through Battery Park or maybe Washington Square Park, but since I didn't have my camera I decided to head back to Queens to check out Target and the mall. Thanks to a tip from Aaron, I discovered Milk was out on DVD and they had it at Target to I graciously purchased a copy.

The Target in Queens is in an indoor shopping center and is multi-level with access to higher levels via escalator. You may be asking yourself, "How would I ever get a shopping cart up the escalator?"


Target has your answer! They have an escalator for shopping carts! Never before have I been so amazed! You push the shopping card through a gate, little teeth catch the wheels and it climbs to the second floor right beside you! It was kind of hard to capture this amazing technological breakthrough discreetly without looking like a tourist but as you can see, the people to the right are going down the escalator as the shopping cart to the left has been through the gate and has begun its descent. I will try to get a better shot next time. I was amazed and will continue to be amazed for quite some time. (I.E.- If you come to NYC to visit, we WILL be going to Target so I can show you this amazing feat of technology!)

On my way back to the subway, I came upon a White Castle! I had never been to one and it was dinner time so of course I stopped in to see what all of the fuss is about. It was outstanding! The french fries leave much to be desired but the little cheeseburgers were delicious! You can purchase 20 little burgers and 4 orders of fries for $20! Where was this when I was at ASU? Now I know how Herald and Kumar got into their predicament.


I know I've gone a little overboard with my spending this weekend but at least it is tax refund money and I have every intention of going back to my budget starting tomorrow.

Adrienne said last night she may be able to get me a job with her company working security at events at a center in Midtown. The pay is decent but I would have to get a black suit and they take out like $200 or something from your first check for your security licensing, even though they apparently give you very, very little training. It is a job and it would only be until I found a job geared more towards what I want to do... but I don't know.

OH! OUR TOILET IS FIXED! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Blog makes me miss H&M and cart elevators at Target. Haha

I glad you were able to get a copy of MILK...I bet you already watched it!