Monday, March 30, 2009

Trader Joes is Awesome!

And it is kind of close to my house! I went there this evening and bought groceries that are healthier and at a better price than I would have paid at the other grocery stores in the area. I am so glad I know it is there! That is where I will be doing my grocery shopping from now on.

There was one unfortunate difference between their stores in NY and those everywhere else. The wine selection. As I may have mentioned before, it is illegal to sell wine in a grocery store in the state of New York. This meant no Two Buck Chuck. I hear they are pushing to change that law... so there is still hope.

I also did laundry today and applied to a few job postings. Oh yea! I got an interview with Hollister for a Manager in Training position for their flagship store opening in Manhattan. The interview is on Friday and while I dread corporate retail for some reason, it definitely has its perks. One of these perks is that they require you to wear flip flops! Anyone who knows me knows that I wear my Rainbows every single day when it is warm enough out. This made me very happy. Oh yea, they also offer benefits and all that good stuff. While it is not my ideal job, it is a job and with a company that I can move up in. Who knows, we will see what happens on Friday.

I have been having the hardest time getting to sleep lately and it is getting really annoying. There is really nothing to do at 3 am except watch TV and since we don't have cable, or a TV for that matter, I have to watch shows online. Its a pain in the ass.

The perks of moving back South just keep adding up, but the weather is getting gradually nicer here as Spring approaches. I still plan of giving New York a chance because I do like it here and it has a lot to offer. I just wonder if maybe the timing is wrong with not only the job market but where I am in my life. When I was moving up here, the thought of possibly having to move back was depressing and awful. Now I think I would be a little bummed things did not work out, but it would not be all that bad. I would still leave with a feeling of accomplishment even if I do not get a job. I will know that I can do it and that I can always try again when the economy stabilizes. It would be different if I knew I was having to move back to North Carolina, especially Pittsboro. That would be depressing. The key to preventing that problem is to make sure I save enough money for first month's rent and a deposit on an apartment in Hilton Head. Looking at my funds as of right now, I can definitely make it through April and possibly all of May. I need to get back on my budget as I have been spending a little too freely lately and I CANNOT end up back in Pittsboro, broke and without a job.

No comments: